TheCrust Posted January 26, 2012 Posted January 26, 2012 We're experiencing a peculiar problem that FrogTrade don't seem to be know where to start with at the moment but I'm hoping someone here may have seen similar and can offer a few pointers that may help. Basically, if a staff member - either teaching or staff profile - attempts to create or edit a page, they can't. If a file is selected, then "Edit" selected, the page opens in view mode. There is no frog toolbar and no access to the edit functionality. No bricks, no nothing. Just the page and whatever was in it before. Not everyone is affected, but this problem is spreading slowly through our Frog system. It began with one user, and now we have more than a dozen unable to create or edit content. I've found that if Active Directory Authentication is turned off for an affected user, this problem goes away instantly - the affected user can then create / edit pages and sees the Frog toolbar and gets access to the bricks. Re-enable AD Authentication and within a nominal period of time (anything from instantly to around 30 minutes) the problem returns. Has anyone experienced anything similar?
mthomas08 Posted January 27, 2012 Posted January 27, 2012 Strange, we only have this issue with Students and not staff. I would give technical staff a call, i still need to do this about students but if you can post the solution Our staff have zero issues in constructing sites in fact I have a non IT Literate art teacher who has done 3 departments. So really not sure what the problem is on that side. There is a part of frog called *roles* and I have gone through that, so my guess is a setting some where in the actual frog profile Staff.
m25man Posted January 27, 2012 Posted January 27, 2012 You say that turning off AD Authentication it works fine? Be careful of clock skew between the Frog server and the DC. Similar issues with Frog users on another system found that the Frog server was only allowing 86 seconds between AD and Frog. Sorting out NTP and having the Frog Server sync with the DC for its NTP source fixed our authentication issues. 1
TheCrust Posted January 27, 2012 Author Posted January 27, 2012 That's interesting, thanks for that chaps. I believe (note *believe*, having not yet checked properly) that our Frog box should be set to reference the NTP server we have on site - but surely if the time were skewed it would affect all staff, or the problem would come and go with those it affected (it just seems to be coming!) I did notice the problem more after I'd played with the teacher role in profiles - but I've not touched the staff one and we're having both members of the teacher and staff roles affected - so it could just be I was more attuned to it than I was before. @mthomas08 - if / when they do get a fix sorted for our issue, I'll post up and let you know. It would be interesting to see if your student issue goes away if you disable AD authentication on one affected user.
TheCrust Posted January 30, 2012 Author Posted January 30, 2012 To confirm, having now checked, that Frog is set up to reference our internal NTP server and quickly running a "date" command over SSH shows that the server has the correct time with the rest of the network.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now