sidewinder Posted May 9, 2007 Posted May 9, 2007 Ive already got a script that logs usernames and pc names when they log on, but I am trying to track one particular student, and would like to be able to be emailed whenever he logs on, so I can monitor him Is there an easy way to do this?
plexer Posted May 9, 2007 Posted May 9, 2007 If you have the messenger service enabled why not use a network message? Ben
Geoff Posted May 9, 2007 Posted May 9, 2007 You can also use BMail to send mail from a login script. http://www.beyondlogic.org/solutions/cmdlinemail/cmdlinemail.htm
ajbritton Posted May 9, 2007 Posted May 9, 2007 Yep, I like bmail. Blat is a bit more complex but possibly more versatile.
NetworkGeezer Posted May 9, 2007 Posted May 9, 2007 If you have the messenger service enabled why not use a network message? Ben In the student's security context? Well I just hope you've whitelisted all your apps and scripts.
daveyboy Posted May 9, 2007 Posted May 9, 2007 SendEmail Works for me BTW - using this I created a HTA that will email their message to us in ICT Support (recording Username & Comp name) - So they do not have to open their webmail / outlook etc
mac_shinobi Posted May 9, 2007 Posted May 9, 2007 I have a vb project that sends a silent email via MAPI
sidewinder Posted May 10, 2007 Author Posted May 10, 2007 bmail seemed the easiest to set up and it works great Thanks Geoff and everyone else
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now