sidewinder Posted January 5, 2012 Posted January 5, 2012 We have a simple Sharepoint 2010 site running hosting some documents. We would like to be able to see when a specific user has logged in or when a document was last viewed/downloaded. Is this possible? I'm quite a sharepoint n00b
jamesb Posted January 5, 2012 Posted January 5, 2012 If you enable the SharePoint usage analysis, you can get all of the data from there without having to do anything extra. Getting started with SharePoint 2010 site analytics and usage statistics | Yaroslav Pentsarskyy on SharePoint Development Alternatively, if you really want a huge amount of detail, you can look at using CardioLog instead. I've only used it briefly in the past but was quite impressed. 1
sidewinder Posted January 5, 2012 Author Posted January 5, 2012 That is perfect, only problem is I can't get the farm configuration wizard to appear in the configuration wizards page From googling it doesn't look like I'm the only one with the problem, apparantly to do with permissions although I'm using the same account that I used to install SP and running the main configuration wizard as some have suggested doesnt help
sidewinder Posted January 5, 2012 Author Posted January 5, 2012 Never mind, it looks like it was already setup for some reason, so I can see stats. I was hoping for a bit more detail (such as last logon) but this is fine for now. Thanks
zag Posted January 5, 2012 Posted January 5, 2012 You can change IIS to full logging. Then analyse that with your favourite log software. Beware though, it makes big files!
jamesb Posted January 5, 2012 Posted January 5, 2012 For more detail you can use the free edition of CardioLog - SharePoint Usage Reports, SharePoint Reporting - CardioLog I probably sound like a shill for them, but I know when I used it I was very impressed at the detail it provides.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now