ranj Posted December 28, 2011 Posted December 28, 2011 Hi All Recently I have started to get more complaints about user's pc's being slow. When looking at the PC's though they dont seem to be overutilised. The memory seems to be about half in use and the CPU is normally sitting idle and may on occasions go up to 20-30%. It makes me think I may need to troubleshoot the network. Looking at our Virtualisation environment and core switches I dont think there is an issue there but not sure. I want to try to understand Wireshark but when I capture info I be honest and say I dont really understand what it's telling me. Does anyone suggest any other tools I could use which would make the process more easier. Any links on understanding wireshark would be great as well. Thanks
CyberNerd Posted December 28, 2011 Posted December 28, 2011 check out iperf. iperf is a simple tool that allows you to measure bandwidth from various points in the network. Iperf theres a simple tutorial here: IPERF - The Easy Tutorial
featured_spectre Posted December 28, 2011 Posted December 28, 2011 Are there ANY loops that could cause a broadcast storm?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now