Eric Posted December 9, 2011 Posted December 9, 2011 I run Adblock Plus but always dutifully turn it off when I see the request on Edugeek's pages. But there's a Misco flashing ad at the moment which could persuade me to change my mind! I do understand that it's hard to get advertising networks to abide by local quality standards. I hope that you can fix this one. 1
ZeroHour Posted December 9, 2011 Posted December 9, 2011 Hi Can you record a video of it using the button at the bottom of edugeek or possible grab a screenshot? I have seen misco ad's but none that flash so far so it sounds like a bug.
Eric Posted December 9, 2011 Author Posted December 9, 2011 Sorry - I've just looked and of course I can't see it now. I must say that the animated ads are also pretty annoying, but agree that flashing is worst!
Oaktech Posted December 9, 2011 Posted December 9, 2011 I'm seeing a kaspersky banner one at the moment which is animated, but loads jerkilly and appears to flash as all the animation components appear without any kind of timing. (also it's priced in dollars suggesting it not as a targeted as possibly it could be!) When i find it again i will screen cap it. Generally, the adverts on EG are some of the best i've seen for relevance and unobtrusiveness (is that a word?) I guess when the ads are a bit off it makes it more obvious!
FN-GM Posted December 9, 2011 Posted December 9, 2011 There is an Optus one that links to this thats really annoying for that type of thing.
ZeroHour Posted December 9, 2011 Posted December 9, 2011 If you guys see these examples can you hit this button at the bottom of the page: It loads a java screenrecorder which should load without the page changing/reloading.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now