Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

@nickbro This is actually from the standalone version of Group Enabler, but this seemed a good place to post it.

 

When a teacher tries to enable or disable a group, they get the error message below; domain admins are unaffacted. I know you've fixed this for me in the past, but can't remember how...

Group Enabler.jpg

Posted
The usercard gets sent the domain admin's username and password when it firsts loads up, or should do if you have set the HAP+ AD Access User to a domain admin
Posted
Ah, in that case they may be a setting in the config which sets the username and password. If that doesn't work, I would suggest upgrading to the user card
Posted
Can't see anything about usernames in the config file. User Card seems like slight overkill just for Group Enabler as we don't (currently) use room booking or helpdesk.
  • 1 month later...
Posted

A spark of a memory has just hit me - isn't there some change I need to make in the AD to permit other users to manage it?

 

I don't really want to go down the whole road of User Card, as it seems like overkill to enable 3 teachers to manage their Controlled Assessment accounts.

Posted

It does it via the User Card web service, so it's asking the HAP+ website to do it, and HAP+ will do it using the administrator's account.

 

To restrict the user card, you can create an MST to stop the user card installer creating a startup shortcut, then just add a start menu shortcut info for those staff

Posted
I've just found an old email from you, dating back to the first time I installed this, when you told me about delegate control on the OU container in ADUC - all working now! Thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...