BKGarry Posted December 8, 2011 Posted December 8, 2011 Hello All, I am trying to set up MRBS to use periods instead of Times. I have put the following into config.inc.php but I keeps on coming up with times and not periods, once I have done this I am planning on using the SIMS to MRBS tool here http://www.edugeek.net/forums/scripts/40387-sims-mrbs-script-available-2.htm so any help would be appreciated on the next steps with making sure it lines up. I am not too experiences with PHP but can usually pick out code mistakes, but struggling. Commands inserted $enable_periods = TRUE; $periods[] = "Before School"; $periods[] = "AM Learning Coach Time"; $periods[] = "Period 1"; $periods[] = "Period 2 and Break"; $periods[] = "Period 3"; $periods[] = "Period 4 and Lunch"; $periods[] = "Period 5"; $periods[] = "PM Learning Coach Time"; $periods[] = "After School";
Chris_Cook Posted December 8, 2011 Posted December 8, 2011 In recent versions of mrbs, config.inc.php sets defaults for new areas. if you have existing areas, then you need to edit the area to change things like periods/times. If you click the "change rooms" link at the top while logged in as an mrbs admin, then select the area to change in the top half of that page, click the pencil icon to the right, and change any settings you need to. 1
BKGarry Posted December 8, 2011 Author Posted December 8, 2011 Bingo, Thank you So much, now to play with the SIMS ot MRBS. should be some simple tweaking. Such a Rookie mistake ay
TonyS Posted May 14, 2013 Posted May 14, 2013 Hello All, I am trying to set up MRBS to use periods instead of Times. Commands inserted $enable_periods = TRUE; $periods[] = "Before School"; $periods[] = "AM Learning Coach Time"; $periods[] = "Period 1"; $periods[] = "Period 2 and Break"; $periods[] = "Period 3"; $periods[] = "Period 4 and Lunch"; $periods[] = "Period 5"; $periods[] = "PM Learning Coach Time"; $periods[] = "After School"; I followed this and made changes to suit out school system as follows $periods[] = "Period 1"; $periods[] = "Period 2"; $periods[] = "Period 3"; $periods[] = "Period 4"; $periods[] = "Period 5"; However when it displays it displays like this period1 period2 period1,period2,period3,period4,period5 so there are 7 periods but only 5 lines
TonyS Posted May 14, 2013 Posted May 14, 2013 Got it sorted, was missing some php code at beginning unset($periods); // Include this line when copying to config.inc.php
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now