Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi folks,

 

I'm collating questions for a podcast with Alison Adams, Head of VPN & Security at Virgin Media Business and Mike Simons, editor ofcomputerworlduk.com and Techworld.com. Its taking place tomorrow afternoon at 3pm UK time.

If you would like to submit any questions, feel free to post them on this feed.

 

Questions will be answered by Alison and Mike.

 

Many thanks,

J.

Posted

Podcast overview:

 

'Struggling to provide the infrastructure your organisation needs to deliver innovation? Frustrated by constantly having to upgrade network and communications contracts? Wondering whether you are getting the bandwidth you pay for? Concerned about the infrastructure strain that cloud computing and the spread of consumer tech in the enterprise could bring?

Posted

New user, 4 posts, all 4 posted concurrently in the same thread.

 

The fact it's sponsored by Virgin, and make no mistake they are paying for this, means it's one giant advert for them.

Posted
It's from IDG who handle some of our media for us, so it is genuine. It's just Jfez was in a rush and forgot to announce himself. So if you do have any questions you'd like to put to Virgin Media Business please post them up quickly as they are doing the podcast this morning.
  • Thanks 1
Posted

Thank you Dos_box

Indeed this event is for Virgin Media Business. Not spam.

I apologise if this came across as an advert and for not introducing myself.

Posted
Thank you Dos_box

Indeed this event is for Virgin Media Business. Not spam.

I apologise if this came across as an advert and for not introducing myself.

 

It's cool. I go on a lot of forums, so I see quite a few spambots.

 

This partially met my criteria, but I'm happy it was a false positive.

Posted

Great stuff. Hopefully we can still get some questions in. Will be sure to give you a heads up on any similar posts.

Thanks!

Posted
I'll provide a question. If Virgin Media Business are moving into the arena of providing internet connections to schools, will they be able to provide the levels of filtering (as part of a package perhaps) that schools with minimum on-site tech support, such as promaries, require? Ad will they also be able to provide complete filtering, hosting and email solutions that fulfil the old BECTA safety criterias that was, and still is, provided by the Regional Broadband Consortiums?
  • Thanks 1
Posted
will they be able to provide the levels of filtering (as part of a package perhaps) that schools with minimum on-site tech support, such as promaries, require?

 

Yes, I think.

 

In a few months our council if moving to Virgin Media supplied broadband [if everything gets sorted] we were told it would include the same level [or thereabouts] of filtering that we're currently recieving.

Posted

I know that they can do this for large roll out's, but what about individual schools? Plus they will have to get dedicated support for education as well I suspect with (possibly) CRB checked support staff.

Where's Grumbledook when you need him!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...