Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

dear all,

I was not able to login as student so I inable the basic authentication.

now when login as a studen and go to mycomputer.aspx it sends me to the login page.

any idea?

thanks

Posted

Did you set Windows Authentication in both web.config and hapConfig.xml? Also, it only works with basic auth in IIS.

 

It's prob redirecting to mycomputersl.aspx, which only supports Forms Auth, not basic. Clear your cookies and try again (mycompsl is the cookie name)

Posted (edited)

in web config I have

 

what should I add in hapconfig.xml?

 

now if I access mycomputer.aspx (both as student or as admin) sometime I get:

 

1) go to page: login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fhap%2fmycomputer.aspx&error=timeout

 

2) sometime

the following error:

 

Source Error:

 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

 

Stack Trace:

 

 

[Exception: I cannot impersonate test-user due to an issue logging onto the domain test.org using an Interactive Login. HAP+ Requires Interactive Login Rights on the Server it is running on]

HAP.AD.User.Impersonate() +1068

HAP.Web.mycomputer.DataBind() +271

HAP.Web.mycomputer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +22

System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3064

Edited by gianzack
Posted

@ricki, I think @gianzack has missed the AuthMode="Windows" attribute in the ~/app_data/hapConfig.xml file, as the system wouldn't give you that error if you had. HAP+ is attempting to process code that isn't run under Windows Authentication, but is under Forms Authentication.

 

This gives it away

[Exception: I cannot impersonate test-user due to an issue logging onto  the domain test.org using an Interactive Login.  HAP+ Requires  Interactive Login Rights on the Server it is running on]

Posted
@ricki, I think @gianzack has missed the AuthMode="Windows" attribute in the ~/app_data/hapConfig.xml file, as the system wouldn't give you that error if you had. HAP+ is attempting to process code that isn't run under Windows Authentication, but is under Forms Authentication.

 

This gives it away

[Exception: I cannot impersonate test-user due to an issue logging onto  the domain test.org using an Interactive Login.  HAP+ Requires  Interactive Login Rights on the Server it is running on]

@ nick

 

Yes - forgot it !

- will add authmode to hapconfig on tuesday and post my feedback here

 

Thanks

Posted

@nickbro It works now!!!

 

basic authentication works now.

 

Only 1 thing does not work. downloading from mapping but I will post it in the right thread!

 

thanks nick

Posted

@nickbro

 

I have fixed and basic authentication works!!!!! thanks thanks thanks.

 

Now I am experiencing this problem which I post here too:

 

I have a problem downloading in "basic authentication setup" "hap+ 7.7" "win2008r2" "IIS 7.5" "member server installation" .

 

The problem is using every browser and using both basic and extender view.

 

hapconfig.xml:

\\server\shared

\\server\usr\%username%

 

H mapping works perfectly

G works but if I download I get:

 

Could not find file '\\server\usr\\New Rich Text Document.rtf'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

 

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file '\\server\usr\\New Rich Text Document.rtf'.

 

Source Error:

 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

 

Stack Trace:

 

 

[FileNotFoundException: Could not find file '\\server\usr\\New Rich Text Document.rtf'.]

System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) +12893271

System.IO.FileInfo.get_Length() +12550476

RangeRequestHandlerBase.ParseRequestHeaderRanges(H ttpContext context) +268

RangeRequestHandlerBase.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +177

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.Htt pApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +625

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +270

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...