sidewinder Posted May 3, 2007 Posted May 3, 2007 Obviously Im not going to do this at the minute with the tests imminent but I will have to do it at half term as we have a new server and the one we currently use for the APS is being used for something else Is it quite a painless process to move to a new server? Im sure it mentions it in the documentation, but other members of staff currently have it all as they're trying to prepare for the tests. Shouldnt have let them take the lot
plexer Posted May 3, 2007 Posted May 3, 2007 There is a backup scenario you can do and there is a knowledgebase article for it. When I tried it it didn't work however and technical support couldn't help so we lost the results from the initial run. Ben
CyberNerd Posted May 3, 2007 Posted May 3, 2007 have done this successfully by doing a fresh install, copying the old files over from the original server (to replace the newly installed files), importing the old postgres database then grepping the installation files for the old IP address and replacing it with the new one. It worked fine (on RHEL).
russdev Posted May 3, 2007 Posted May 3, 2007 Obviously Im not going to do this at the minute with the tests imminent but I will have to do it at half term as we have a new server and the one we currently use for the APS is being used for something else Is it quite a painless process to move to a new server? Im sure it mentions it in the documentation, but other members of staff currently have it all as they're trying to prepare for the tests. Shouldnt have let them take the lot May i suggest you wait until after results come back in before moving just don;t want to have any issues... Russ
sidewinder Posted May 3, 2007 Author Posted May 3, 2007 Thanks for the help guys When are the results due?
Sylv3r Posted May 3, 2007 Posted May 3, 2007 Thanks for the help guys When are the results due? 6th July I think.
sidewinder Posted August 2, 2007 Author Posted August 2, 2007 I bet there is no chance this getting answered as no-one probably comes in here anymore Right, Ive installed it on the new server, still running on the old server too ATM First of all, do I need to go through the whole school registration? I can see them moaning about it because we have already done it Secondly, which files exactly do I need to copy over for students and their data to be retained? The only SQL file I can find with student names in was last modified 2005?! Thirdly, Cybernerd - which database is that? Ive looked but I cant find one that has any reference to the servers IP address Finally, I have NO access to the RM site - we are not an RM school and only the ICT co-ordinator has a login, and he is away all summer... So I cant get to any knowledgebase articles, all I have is the initial books that came with the software
russdev Posted August 2, 2007 Posted August 2, 2007 Give me till later will get all info you need. Russ
IT_Master Posted February 27, 2009 Posted February 27, 2009 Nothing is hard. Done this alot of time in my past. All you need is access to the internet and a chair to sit on. Buy the way.....just make sure you back up your curcial data before any migration take place.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now