Gongalong Posted December 1, 2011 Posted December 1, 2011 Hi folks, I have WSUS v3 server setup on the domain here, and have configured client updates to occur on Thursday after 3pm. If the client PC is not on at that time do the updates then download and install the next time the PC is on, or will they only download and install at that specific time? TIA
Hightower Posted December 1, 2011 Posted December 1, 2011 AFAIK it will be the next time that client connects after the schedule.
themightymrp Posted December 1, 2011 Posted December 1, 2011 This is a group policy setting that you would apply to the client machines. You would tell them to install at the next available opportunity. I think it is: Computer configuration -> Policies -> Admin templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Update -> Reschedule automatic updates scheduled installations 1
Gongalong Posted December 1, 2011 Author Posted December 1, 2011 Ugh. How did I not spot that under the same folder?! Thanks, I've configured with a 60 minute delay, so the teachers will at least be in lesson before it hammers their PC. Oddly though it was set to download and install at 3pm today, and I'm not seeing any with updated reports and installs...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now