witch Posted November 29, 2011 Posted November 29, 2011 Has anyone had any success with this? Our music teacher wants to put it on the netbooks, which are on the domain so I installed it locally and gave the students full permissions on the beamz folder -but it will only run if they are logged on as local admins. I am wondering if there is any other bit of software that they need access to? Of course the fact that I put the software on 2 weeks ago and only now has he checked it out (currently the only BEAMZ gismo is his own) and he has told me that I need to get it sorted by TOMORROW as he has a 20% off offer which runs out tomorrow!!!!!!!! Any help gratefully received!
mavhc Posted November 29, 2011 Posted November 29, 2011 check permissions on the relevant registry keys, also use process monitor Process Monitor to see what it's doing, after all that's working, write a policy for new software purchasing and deployment which says "every purchase goes via me, and it'll work after I get it working" 1
witch Posted November 30, 2011 Author Posted November 30, 2011 check permissions on the relevant registry keys, also use process monitor Process Monitor to see what it's doing, after all that's working, write a policy for new software purchasing and deployment which says "every purchase goes via me, and it'll work after I get it working" Yeah, I wish! Permissions look fine but I dont know if I have found all the relevant keys.
witch Posted December 2, 2011 Author Posted December 2, 2011 Thanks very much - I reset the permissions on the registry keys and now it works!!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now