quietriot1983 Posted November 1, 2011 Posted November 1, 2011 I'm looking at replacing some of our ludicrously outdated software. Obviously I need to go in armed and ready to beg for money, but any alternatives to these pieces of software appreciated. I'll have a good look at any and all that you suggest. Granada toolkit (specifically the databases & logo) Wordshark RM Maths Thanks in advance
Michael Posted November 1, 2011 Posted November 1, 2011 Database programs - 2Investigate, Junior Viewpoint Wordshark is mostly aimed at SEN. It looks dated but it still works, even on Windows 7 RM Maths - not sure, but Mathletics makes learning Maths competitive and fun 1
quietriot1983 Posted November 3, 2011 Author Posted November 3, 2011 Thanks. We already have the 2Simple collection, so it's 'merely' a case of getting teacher to break from their 20-yr old habits of using the same software... I'll have a gander at mat
mr_wordshark Posted December 23, 2011 Posted December 23, 2011 Hi Quietriot1983, (With declaration of interest as support manager for Wordshark) What release do you have? Our first Wordshark came out way back in DOS days. Our most recent releases have moved on educationally and technically, are Win7 x 64 compatible and are used in schools across most of the ability and age range. I know several folk doing Master's degrees that use it, so whilst it is useful for SEN (its original market), the "content free" bits and the KS3 banks have a wider application. We deliberately keep some of the old graphics, where we have found this works better for quite a few youngsters on the autistic spectrum than the more complex modern graphics, which do not appear to help anyone learn any faster! I am aware that there are still several hundred schools out there with the old v3 and 3s software. No problem, as the licences will still be good (we are still managing to avoid charging annual subscriptions!), but you may find it worth giving us a call at some stage to discuss what an upgrade would give you.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now