Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Has anyone had any success with 1.6 or 1.7?

 

I have a 1.5.23 site working great (based on an edited beez template) I cannot get this to upgrade to 1.6 or 1.7 so I tried a blank 1.7 site - cannot get templates to install or basically the system falls over at some point.

 

Compared to the ease and reliability of 1.5, 1.7 is turning out to be a bit of a nightmare. I'm now going to move over to another CMS, is there any of the other ones (that work!) that can import data from a joomla 1.5 system?

Posted
I've never tried to upgrade from 1.5 to 1.6 or 1.7, but I have created a new site (which I'm not prepared to show to anyone yet as it's still a work in progress and may go nowhere) using Joomla 1.7, various modules, a couple of different templates and the kunena forums. No problems at all.
Posted
I can safely say the Jupgrade tool doesn't work upgrading a 1.5 site! I also tried to start a 1.7 from scratch but I've had so many errors and issues I'm looking for alternatives now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...