Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I am making a batch file to kill explorer.exe on a remote, and then start it again (Because it keeps crashing on various machines).

 

The PSKill part works, it kills explorer.exe on the remote machine, however using PSExec doesn't start it again, and I don't know why. I have tried using the -d and -s switches, but that launched explorer.exe in the context of my user, which is useless because it needs to be in the context of either that system, or that specific user logged on. (We don't know their passwords)

 

Here's what I have so far:

@echo OFF
ECHO What is the name of the computer?
SET /P COMPUTERNAME=
PSKILL.exe \\%COMPUTERNAME% explorer.exe 
PSEXEC.exe \\%COMPUTERNAME% explorer.exe

 

Like I said, it needs to run in the context of the logged on user, without knowing their username and password. Or becoming a VBScript to fish that out or something.

Edited by CHiLL

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...