Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi guys,

 

I am wanting to have a play around with Zimbra 7 on Ubuntu 10.4 64bit.

 

I've basically done all the installation but getting stuck on the hostname / FQDN.

 

I didn't want to use our domain name, so I put zimbra.company.com instead - but it doesn't like it! Getting the error "Bad hostname"

 

Has anyone else set this up as a test enviroment and can shed any light on to how you configured it? Many thanks!

Posted (edited)

Add an entry to your /etc/hosts file mapping zimbra.company.com to the IP of the Zimbra server you're setting up. This is my hosts file:

 

127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost
172.16.0.13       bbs-zcs-001.example.internal        bbs-zcs-001
172.16.0.13       mail.example.com       mail

 

bbs-zcs-001 is the internal hostname, and mail.example.com is the hostname as it is known to the outside world.

Edited by webman
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...