Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi

 

I'm trying to bolt on an Access database to the MS SQL database that sits underneath Facility CMIS

 

So far so good I've created a query view in the MS SQL database that gives me all the fields from Facility that I need and I've turned this query view into a useful linked table in Access.

 

The only problem is that this link needs to be refreshed every time I want to use the Access database and while this is not a problem for me its obviously no good for any one else.

 

I've looked up the Access documentation on refreshing linked tables and really i think this refers to tables linked to other access files, ODBC data sources that point towards a database on an MS SQL server.

 

What I want to do is programmatically refresh this link every time a user form or the application opens and I would welcome advice from anybody who has done any similar work.

 

Richard Finnigan

St Johns School

Northwood

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...