enjay Posted October 7, 2011 Posted October 7, 2011 I asked this over on the RM Communities, but I'll possibly get a better response here. I have a CC3 workstation which I would like to convert to a standalone XP machine - anyone know if/how this can be done? We no longer have our CC3 server or any XP build images/media.
Hightower Posted October 7, 2011 Posted October 7, 2011 A colleague tried to do this many moons ago, and it left the computer well and truly riddled. Really wouldn't advise trying to do this, and best advice would be to install the OS from scratch.
enjay Posted October 7, 2011 Author Posted October 7, 2011 I like the idea of re-imaging it, however I don't have any XP build media - we did all that via CC3's unattended installs.
Michael Posted October 7, 2011 Posted October 7, 2011 Just install it using an OEM XP disc or your volume license disc, then work out what drivers (if any) it needs. It's not too difficult.
enjay Posted October 7, 2011 Author Posted October 7, 2011 Excellent idea Michael, except that (as stated above) I don't have any XP CDs.
burntsmell Posted October 13, 2011 Posted October 13, 2011 Hi there, My first post when you start up the station do you get a RMRBOOT: Message just after the BIOS screen disappears (and before Windows Starts) - if so you should be able to restore the saved image, there is a how-to article on the RM Knowledge Library for this. If it is the factory shipped image then you might get away with a pre CC3 XP image. Hope this helps Burnt
enjay Posted October 14, 2011 Author Posted October 14, 2011 Thanks Burnt, no go though. The PC has been rebuilt to put their more useful boot manager on rather than the RMRBOOT.
burntsmell Posted October 20, 2011 Posted October 20, 2011 Hi, I guess the only other option is recovery disks/ XP installation media, what model is the workstation, Dell, HP, RM? RM do supply the resinstallation media for a nominal price I think, it doesn't need licence keys as it reads off the RM BIOS (needs to have a COA on the side of the machine to prove this), I assume the same for Dell?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now