Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Anyone know how to Login with a Hidden account on Windows 7


Recommended Posts

Posted

When using XP you could access the classic logon box by holding down CTRL + ALT and pressing Delete twice in quick succession.

 

I have hidden the Administrator Account on Non-Domain Laptops but can't seem to get the classic logon box to access the hidden account. The Admin account is not disabled.

 

Anyone found a way to get the Classic logon box back to access the hidden account in a similar fashion while keeping the Welcome Screen.

 

Regards,

David

Posted
When using XP you could access the classic logon box by holding down CTRL + ALT and pressing Delete twice in quick succession.

 

I have hidden the Administrator Account on Non-Domain Laptops but can't seem to get the classic logon box to access the hidden account. The Admin account is not disabled.

 

Anyone found a way to get the Classic logon box back to access the hidden account in a similar fashion while keeping the Welcome Screen.

 

Regards,

David

 

dont you haveto put the machine name\username

 

eg pcname\administrator

Posted
dont you haveto put the machine name\username

 

eg pcname\administrator

 

if you don't know the PC name you can just use a dot, ie .\administrator

 

quicker and easier plus when you enter .\ it will tell you the PC name in the log in to field below the password box.

  • Thanks 3
Posted

Require the classic logon box to do that which is what I am trying to display. I'm trying to set up staff laptops that aren't on the domain and ideally just want a welcome screen where they click on their name. I don't want to use the classic logon screen. I want to be able to log in as administrator without the administrator account showing on the welcome screen.

 

I have hidden the Administrator account with a registry hack but unlike Windows XP the CTRL + ALT + DELETE trick to bring up the classic logon box used/usefull in XP doesn't work.

Posted
if you don't know the PC name you can just use a dot, ie .\administrator

 

quicker and easier plus when you enter .\ it will tell you the PC name in the log in to field below the password box.

nicetip

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...