Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Morning!

 

I have a job logged this morning where a user has ActivInspire (V 1.5) installed on their PC (W7), but the toolbar is not showing correctly.

 

When they open ActivInspire they can see the board, etc, but when they try and use the Toolbar, but the icons are not showing and it appears to be just one grey box. I can move the mouse over the toolbar and can see the small boxes highlighted when the mose moves over them (ie, where the icons usually are) - so it does know the toolbar is working, but the images/icons are not displaying.

 

I've uninstalled ActiveInspire and re-installed it, but this has not resolved the problem. I've tried a repair as well, just incase, but this doesn't help either.

 

This is one of 5 Pc's that have been setup within the Maths Dept, and the other 4 have exactly the same software, drivers, updates, etc installed, but the other 4 are unaffected.

 

Has anyone had a problem like this before?

Posted

Hello,

 

It sounds like the user profiles for this user may be corrupt.

 

Please go to C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Activ Software\ActivInspire\My Resources\ and delete the "My Profiles" folder.

 

If still having issues, Go to: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Promethean\ActivInspire and delete the "Userprofile" folder.

 

Hopefully this will resolve the issue for that user on this machine.

Posted

Hello,

 

I tried them but the problem is still persisting. On top of that, the user has let me know that it's happening with all users that log in, which suggests it's a problem with the install/software. I've tried un/re-installing, but the problem is still happening :s

 

Don't suppose this has happened to any other users?

Posted

Some other things to try:

 

-make sure that the software is up to date (View / Dashboard / Configure / Check for Updates).

 

-Delete the contents of lthe local temp folder (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp)

 

Any profile issues should have been resolved when using deleting the contents in the previous post. It does sound odd though, and is something I have never heard of before (at least never seen it where the issue has not been resolved after deleting the profiles).

 

If still having trouble after updating / clearing temp folders and trying the stuff from the previous post again, it might be worth giving our supprt team a call from in front of the system.

 

Good luck!




×
×
  • Create New...