eddyc Posted August 27, 2011 Posted August 27, 2011 I've managed to modify the graphics on OWA on our new exchange 2010 server. What I would like to do next is change the page titles from Outlook Web App to XXXX School Webmail So when people are logged in it says firstname lastname - XXXXX School Webmail Thanks Ed
sukh Posted August 28, 2011 Posted August 28, 2011 See this - Customize the Outlook Web App Sign-In and Sign-Out Pages: Exchange 2010 Help 1
eddyc Posted August 28, 2011 Author Posted August 28, 2011 @Sukh: I've followed this through to get to where I am now, with the custom graphics, etc. What I cannot find is how to change the page title from Outlook Web App (on the top of the browser which says 'Outlook Web App - Microsoft Internet Explorer') to something else.....
sukh Posted August 28, 2011 Posted August 28, 2011 Are you talking about the IE title bar, not sure what you mean, probably something straight forward, can you post a PIC showing what you would like changed?
sukh Posted August 28, 2011 Posted August 28, 2011 As fas as I know this isnt Exch related more IE related. Try something like this - How Can I Change the Internet Explorer Title Bar? - Hey, Scripting Guy! Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs Then deploy via GPO or something
Steve21 Posted August 28, 2011 Posted August 28, 2011 Or just change the page source to be what you want? "Insert new title here" Basic HTML (But you'#d want to get their usernames etc etc, so need some scripts) Steve
eddyc Posted August 28, 2011 Author Posted August 28, 2011 Or just change the page source to be what you want? "Insert new title here" Basic HTML (But you'#d want to get their usernames etc etc, so need some scripts) Steve Steve this is what I want to do, but which of the many pages in Exchange 2010 is reponsible for the page titles?!?!
eddyc Posted August 28, 2011 Author Posted August 28, 2011 As fas as I know this isnt Exch related more IE related. Try something like this - How Can I Change the Internet Explorer Title Bar? - Hey, Scripting Guy! Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs Then deploy via GPO or something We already use Internet Explorer rebranding - what I am trying to do is change the page titles for exchange server - I just can't find which page I need to edit.
Steve21 Posted August 28, 2011 Posted August 28, 2011 Err if I remember right, There's a logon.asp ? Pretty sure there's a const in it called L_WindowTitle...something. Steve
eddyc Posted August 28, 2011 Author Posted August 28, 2011 In exchanage 2010 its logon.aspx although I cannot find the text "Outlook Web App" or "WindowTitle" in the document - can't seem to find it on google either, although I have seen a few others on exchange 2010 who have managed to modify it...
Steve21 Posted August 28, 2011 Posted August 28, 2011 What do you have as the in the asp? (Pre-viewed ofc) Steve
eddyc Posted August 28, 2011 Author Posted August 28, 2011 There is a string in the title tags, it is; <%=LocalizedStrings.GetHtmlEncoded(Strings.IDs.OutlookWebAccess) %>
Steve21 Posted August 28, 2011 Posted August 28, 2011 Well there's two options then really, easiest (If it doesn't break other bits) is just remove the localised string, and put your own one in. However this may break things on other pages, don't know without checking. Other option is edit the string as source then it shouldn't break anything Steve
eddyc Posted August 28, 2011 Author Posted August 28, 2011 Well there's two options then really, easiest (If it doesn't break other bits) is just remove the localised string, and put your own one in. However this may break things on other pages, don't know without checking. Other option is edit the string as source then it shouldn't break anything Steve Option one, changing the localised string breaks OWA completely and doesn't display changes. Any idea where to find the string to edit it as source? Cheers in advance!
Steve21 Posted August 28, 2011 Posted August 28, 2011 Yep, but you won't like the answer Microsoft.Exchange.Client.Strings.resources.dll Should be something like: Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\ClientAccess\OWA\Bin\en But as always editting dll's isn't advised if you don't understand it (and every update will need it editting as it'll be overwritten) Steve
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now