aac Posted August 13, 2011 Posted August 13, 2011 Dear friends and colleagues If I try to access SIMS Finance via the local installation on the terminal server it works fine. If I try the remoteapp rdp file for SIMS Finance and authenticate via the domain administrator account it works fine but if I try authenticating via any other account even if it has domain admin rights it opens the app but then when you click on variuos functions they produce fatal errors. Has anyone come across this before as it was working ok previously. For obvious reasons I cannot give staff the domain administrator credentials to open up this app.
bossman Posted August 13, 2011 Posted August 13, 2011 @aac: Are your users setup to use a shared folder on the admin MIS server for access rights and also have you setup the local BDE settings to point to this share on the server? I will look into this again as I had exactly the same problem and it's all to do with windows permissions. I think there is a solution on the Sims Capita website if I'm not mistaken?
aac Posted August 13, 2011 Author Posted August 13, 2011 Thanks for your help BOSSMAN, I have noticed a WINDOWS folder in the domain administrator's home directory that gets created every time you login via the rdp shortcut with the domain admin account which is probably why it is working for this user. This being the case you must be correct in that permissions are the issue as the WINDOWS folder is not created when authenticating as other users.
bossman Posted August 14, 2011 Posted August 14, 2011 @acc: Will be in at work tomorrow so I should be able to look at it in greater depth and give you a better picture. Stay tuned hehe!
aac Posted August 14, 2011 Author Posted August 14, 2011 Thanks again Bossman but I appear to have fixed this issue. In "Terminal Services Configuration" and by clicking on the "configuration properties" and selecting the "Logon Settings" tab I entered my domain administrator credentials and this has fixed the issue for me. Looking at other threads on the forum there appears to be a further issue with regard to printing with FMS via remoteapp. Did you come across such an issue and how did you fix it? Many many thanks in advance
bossman Posted August 14, 2011 Posted August 14, 2011 @acc: The whole reason we setup remote desktops was for security and in such allowing the staff access to all their apps but not being able to use both printing and USB drives of any sort so any information from the Sims or FMS could not be taken off the system plus we disabled the e-mail so they could not use this also for security reasons. I did install the windows XPS printer to allow the staff the ability to create and run reports but that is all. Pleased you got it sorted
aac Posted August 18, 2011 Author Posted August 18, 2011 Just when I thought I had sorted this issue out I find that the issue remains. When logging in to Finance internally using the RDP shortcut and authenticating with any user other then the Domain Administrator it just does not work spewing out the following error "Fatal error, unable to load the suppliers focus. Please contact your local SIMS support team". I have given Domain Users local admin rights to the ts. Any ideas anyone ???
spc-rocket Posted August 19, 2011 Posted August 19, 2011 I believe you need to give write access to the sims.ini file in the windows folder for this to work. We had similar issues and by allowing access to this file worked. Worth a try. Ash.
bossman Posted August 19, 2011 Posted August 19, 2011 @aac: How have you got your BDE setup on your clients? Have you got the lockdir setup on your server in the Sims shared folder correctly and do the BDE on your clients reflect this? As for the Sims.ini Have you got the correct version and is it in the Windows dir on the Sims server?
aac Posted August 19, 2011 Author Posted August 19, 2011 Hi spc-rocket, domain users are a member of the local administrator group on the ts and the local administrator has write access to the SIMS.INI file. Do you mean the sims ini file in c:\windows on the ts or the windows directory created within each users home directory.
aac Posted August 25, 2011 Author Posted August 25, 2011 Issue resolved, it was access to PDOXUSERS.net which must have read\write access
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now