localzuk Posted July 22, 2011 Posted July 22, 2011 So, today is my last term time day at this school (i'm in a bit over the holidays), and I have to say that I feel so appreciated. I've had the head teacher give a small speech to thank me, twice (once to the staff, and once at the leavers ceremony), our admin team presented me with a poem written by our librarian (dressed in full star wars garb), and gave me a few gifts (a star wars scene, and a Darth Sidious dressing gown). Overall it is has made me pretty tearful, and I think that whoever steps into my job here will be in a very lucky position and will work with a very good team. Soon, though, I will be starting anew in Bristol, in a bigger school with new challenges and new faces to befriend, and as I'm still in school IT, I will remain on here to annoy you lot too.
penfold Posted July 22, 2011 Posted July 22, 2011 It's nice to hear stories like this. Good luck in your new job.
contink Posted July 22, 2011 Posted July 22, 2011 Yep... Couldn't agree more... and keeping your assets on here is good news too...
Hightower Posted July 22, 2011 Posted July 22, 2011 ...and as I'm still in school IT, I will remain on here to annoy you lot too. neg rep! All the best
elsiegee40 Posted July 22, 2011 Posted July 22, 2011 Wishing you all the best in the new job! It sounds like your old school will miss you
SYNACK Posted July 23, 2011 Posted July 23, 2011 Good luck in your new job, will it be as development focused as the last?
localzuk Posted July 23, 2011 Author Posted July 23, 2011 Good luck in your new job, will it be as development focused as the last? Not specifically, no. From what I gather, the new role is managing the network and developing the school IT systems to be more flexible and suited to the school's needs as it is an ex-BSF setup. So, no doubt I'll do some coding, but I doubt it'll be on the scale at Minehead!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now