Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I'm stuck here. By default PHPBB3 lands people on the index.php page in the root of the site. Because the defualt PHPBB landing page is dull, dull, dull I've installed a module that gives it a 'homepage', listing recent posts, polls etc. This modules landing page is portal.php. Now, as far as I'm aware all I have to do is change a part of the .htaccess file from this:

 

 

DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.php portal.php

Order Allow,Deny

Deny from All

 

to this

 

DirectoryIndex portal.php

Order Allow,Deny

Deny from All

 

Which I have done, to no effect. Any help or pointers as to what I may be doing wrong? And yes, the web host does allow the use of .htaccess files before anyone asks.

Edited by Dos_Box
Posted

I don't like to suggest that a god has done anything wrong...but...

 

What prog did you use to edit the htaccess file? has it been saved in Unix format?

 

Also where have you put the file?

 

I ask because I have got both of these wrong in the past :)

Posted

Depending how the servers setup you may need to do an AllowOverride to let the directory use the htaccess else it may be denying it as it's set further up.

 

Might be worth adding it to quickly check

 

Steve

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...