Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted
Check out your manufactuer's website. OKI have some excellent print monitoring software on their website for free. I can log into the our HP inkjet printers and see who printed what and how many ml of in they used.
Posted

I'm using papercut in my school at the moment, planning to use it for print quotas soon, but at the moment just using it for monitoring.

 

I'm very impressed, it's very easy to install, can be set up to monitor locally installed printers by installing a small client on relevant workstations, doesn't seem to impare printer or sever performance at all, and produces some excellent reports if you want it to. Definitley worth a look.

 

Mike.

Posted

I have a old version [5.5] of Print Manager Plus running, and its not bad, but the reports arent too user friendly.

 

The handy thing about it is the setting of quotas and stuff, but I was just wondering whether anyone can give me the pro's and con's between what I have at the moment PMP 5.5 vs Papercut Quota [the reporting one is free but it'd be nice to have both products in one :D]

 

Nath.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...