FN-GM Posted July 4, 2011 Posted July 4, 2011 Hi, How do you guys map your printers on your Remote Desktop / Terminal Servers using a rooms of thinclients please? I use a logon script made by @Ric_ i have also had a quick glance at Terminal Session Targeting. I just want to see what other people use in production. Cheers
ZeroHour Posted July 4, 2011 Posted July 4, 2011 A really nice feature of GPP is that you can deploy printers using that and client name etc, makes management simpler by a mile.
Axel Posted July 4, 2011 Posted July 4, 2011 ...you can also directly connect networked printer to the thin clients (in a TCP/IP sense!). In this scenario the terminal sees the networked printer as its local printer. (so uses standard "printer re-direction"). This has the added benefit that the print data comes down the RDP connection, so benefits from RDPs data compression. It also means terminal A will always default to printer A, regardless of user - which may or may not be a good thing !
joe90bass Posted July 4, 2011 Posted July 4, 2011 Ric's script here, set as a startup item on the three Terminal servers. I never got it working via GPP, and if I recall right (was a while ago!) I had MS take a look and they had no luck either....
ZeroHour Posted July 4, 2011 Posted July 4, 2011 Ric's script here, set as a startup item on the three Terminal servers. I never got it working via GPP, and if I recall right (was a while ago!) I had MS take a look and they had no luck either.... Take a look at: http://www.edugeek.net/forums/thin-client-virtual-machines/64705-tip-use-group-policy-preferences-deploy-printers-terminal-server-clients.html There was a patch for 2008 etc that fixed a targeting bug, I used them for all the TS printer stuff without issue after that patch. 1
BHMS Posted July 4, 2011 Posted July 4, 2011 Make sure you install the patch KB981504 or terminal session targeting won't work. I have found it very handy once it was working though and sure beats a login script. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now