soapyfish Posted June 23, 2011 Posted June 23, 2011 Hi, Does anyone know if there is a way to see when packages have been allocated and by who to stations using the "RM Management Console" I was hoping to see this information in the "MS Event Log" but no such luck. Thanks.
Boredguy Posted June 23, 2011 Posted June 23, 2011 Q:\PackageControl\Package.log will tell you who/where recent package assignment changes have been made. The individual station files in the same folder will tell you the status of the packages, if they have successfully installed or failed for some reason. 1
soapyfish Posted June 23, 2011 Author Posted June 23, 2011 Thats great thank you its EXACTLY what I wanted. Curiously I also opened a call with RM on the same issue. They were unable to sell me how to access this information even after checking within the support team ! No sure if I should post there response so will not but anyway cheers again !
HarryMonkey Posted June 23, 2011 Posted June 23, 2011 Q:\PackageControl\Package.log will tell you who/where recent package assignment changes have been made. The individual station files in the same folder will tell you the status of the packages, if they have successfully installed or failed for some reason. As will Package Analyser ... http://www.sn2000.co.uk/downloads/PackageAnalyser.zip 1
soapyfish Posted June 23, 2011 Author Posted June 23, 2011 Its certainly gonna make my life a bit easier !
HarryMonkey Posted June 23, 2011 Posted June 23, 2011 Thats twice today I've seen that link Steve Really!! It should have been 3.
soapyfish Posted June 23, 2011 Author Posted June 23, 2011 Inside the package.log it states which use allocated the package which is really helpful but I am a little worried to see that I have 1 package installed that has not been done by the normal user.. Why would the RMC3IENGA be allocating packages ?! SERVER_NAME/HAE RMC3IENGA - modifying package assignments for ***/Main Site :- Assigning: Microsoft .NET Framework 4
Boredguy Posted June 23, 2011 Posted June 23, 2011 You haven't used LST to schedule a package deployment have you?
soapyfish Posted June 23, 2011 Author Posted June 23, 2011 Yes It turns out that the package was allocated using the LST, what difference does this make ?
Boredguy Posted June 23, 2011 Posted June 23, 2011 Well scheduled tasks via LST will report that the RMC3IENGA is assigning the application, and not your current account. 1
soapyfish Posted June 23, 2011 Author Posted June 23, 2011 Great I was hoping you were going to say that ! thanks again
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now