elsiegee40 Posted June 23, 2011 Posted June 23, 2011 Our website is setup and hosted by a third party company, but we maintain the content. I'm trying to get access to google analytics for the site. The company already has google analytics for us, so we need to be given access. We have a google account and we use google calendars, google documents, gmail. We've registered for adwords and that's fine, but for some reason the company say that whenever they try to add us to analytics they (say they) get the message "This user does not have a google account" They're doing this in: Analytics Settings > Profile Settings > Add user access to profile The "Add new user access for profile" radar button is checked The email address is the user information box is our [email protected] email address Any ideas why this isn't working please? They also say they can't give us admin on our analytics (I want it for exclusions, so I don't have to keep chasing them), but say they can't because their account is used to manage more than one website. I think this is rubbish because I'm sure this can be done at website level. Am I right?
Jamman960 Posted June 23, 2011 Posted June 23, 2011 Does the 3rd party really need access to your analytics data? I'd consider setting up your own analytics account and changing the code referenced within the pages. Will check on ours whether we can give admin rights at website level, I can't remember
elsiegee40 Posted June 23, 2011 Author Posted June 23, 2011 If we do that, we lose the history though and I could do with seeing the history.
Jamman960 Posted June 23, 2011 Posted June 23, 2011 Had a quick look on our setup, when adding a new user the following is displayed below: "Please note that Account Administrators have access to all reports and profiles in your account"
elsiegee40 Posted June 23, 2011 Author Posted June 23, 2011 It can be restricted to just one website: How do I grant or restrict a user's access to specific profiles in my account? - Analytics Help
elsiegee40 Posted June 23, 2011 Author Posted June 23, 2011 Think I've cracked the problem... several billion pages through the help. You can't use a googlemail email address for an analytics account! School email address now used to create a google account and we're trying again! 1
elsiegee40 Posted June 23, 2011 Author Posted June 23, 2011 Nearly there! Got the account, just to work out how to filter the school's IP addresses from the results now. Filtering's in the Account Settings, but I can't find it .... hmmm
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now