Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi All,

 

I am planning on setting up templates to calculate residuals when the results come out in August, I'm using last year's data to have a play.

 

I've done RESULT - APS in one review column then another to divide by 6 to get the residual. However, when the result of the review column is negative, dividing it by 6 then puts it back to positive which is obviously a problem. Same thing occurs for Value Added.

 

Is there a way round this? I don't want to go back to Excel as we have done in previous years. Ideas/suggestions welcome!!

 

Charlotte

Posted
How do you get a -ve value for APS?

 

That's what i was wondering.

 

Maybe the result is really a Value Added score or some measure of deviation from predictions...?

Is APS best 6 or 8 or am i just thinking about something else?

 

I just did a trial on a marks-integer aspect and dividing a negative number by a positive constant i.e. 6 doesn't make the answer positive, which is what i'd expect. The only way i'm thinking that could happen is if it's a grade aspect where the lower grades have negative scores associated with them.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...