dgsmith Posted May 25, 2011 Posted May 25, 2011 Had one of these printers for just a few months and only printed 1600 pages on it. Today it has started to jam when just entering the output bin (about 5" of paper comes through before jamming) and the error "jam in paper path" appears (and no, not edible jam!). Paper is fresh from a ream and not thick, is flat with no curls and I can't see any shreds of paper lingering inside the printer. Quite annoying. Printer is still under warranty although I figured it may be a very simple fix like paper jams normally are! Anyone had a similar problem? Error code is 13.0000 which doesn't tell me much more than I already know!
Brodieeee Posted February 24, 2012 Posted February 24, 2012 Bit of a necro but.. I'm having EXACTLY the same issue, did you resolve this in the end?
dgsmith Posted February 24, 2012 Author Posted February 24, 2012 Yes, we ended up sending it back to HP and they fixed it under the warranty, seeing as we didn't have a clue how to fix it! It turned out to be a part that had snapped, I assume from a student being a bit too heavy-handed! 1
Brodieeee Posted February 24, 2012 Posted February 24, 2012 Well, funny you say that! Before it finally got reported to me, it had 2 professional monkeys inspect it! Why people don't leave it to the experts I don't know Thanks for your speedy reply, looks like I will have to send it off.
geonetphil Posted January 14, 2014 Posted January 14, 2014 Hi, After sending it off, did HP say which part snapped? I'm having a very similar problem but with a 2600n. The original symptom, was faded magenta, I read this up and it turned out to be a dusty laser mirror for the magenta. I fixed this, but a couple days later the user reported that there is an error message saying 'Jam in print paper path', had a look for myself, my only guess is the sensor for paper jams is faulty or disconnected. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now