Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi

 

Haviong a few issues with a cisco 2106 controller dropping connections, but cisco have said it looks like a firmware issue but will not provide us with the new firmware update without a smartnet subscription, any one else had similar dropping out with this controller??

 

Thanks

  • 3 months later...
Posted
Hi

 

Haviong a few issues with a cisco 2106 controller dropping connections, but cisco have said it looks like a firmware issue but will not provide us with the new firmware update without a smartnet subscription, any one else had similar dropping out with this controller??

 

Thanks

 

I have the same problem. After spending hours tearing my hair out thinking I have not configured the 2106 controller properly I have found that the older firmware 4.xxxxx does not support my 1142 wireless access points! I have been told that I need to buy a Cisco Service Contract to download updted firmware 5.xxxx or 6.xxxx

 

I am now getting on to my Cisco Suppler to do it for me as effectively it does not work and not fit for purpose.

 

Chris T

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...