10101010 Posted May 18, 2011 Posted May 18, 2011 Help - I have created new authui.dll which has successfully removed the 'Ease of Access' options button in the bottom left hand of the windows 7 logon screen. Does anyone know how I could deploy the new file to already existing Windows 7 machines?
MaXiM Posted May 18, 2011 Posted May 18, 2011 Regsvr32 - Register a DLL See link above I guess you could do a script that copies the new dll overwriting the old one and then using regsvr32 register the dll. a batch file should work on computer startup.
MaXiM Posted May 18, 2011 Posted May 18, 2011 Just remember to specify force overwrite in the copy command during the startup or your computer might just sit there waiting for the command to say yes i wish to overwrite.. and it will sit there for as long as GPO timeout says. 1
10101010 Posted May 19, 2011 Author Posted May 19, 2011 ok, I'll try with xcopy /C /H /R / Y and give it a go.
DellOughta Posted June 14, 2011 Posted June 14, 2011 I use PS tools to run a batch file on the workstation: to take ownereship, rename the original authui then copy the edited version from my computer The contents of the batch file is: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cd "C:\windows\system32\" TAKEOWN /F "authui.dll" REN "authui.dll" "authui-XXX.dll" xcopy /Y "\\My_Computer\C$\PsTools\authui_update_rename\authui.dll" "C:\windows\system32\" 3
10101010 Posted June 15, 2011 Author Posted June 15, 2011 yeah found the takeown was needed - the easy of access button is no more!!
plexer Posted June 15, 2011 Posted June 15, 2011 So you don't mind disadvantaging students who need those tools then? Ben
10101010 Posted June 15, 2011 Author Posted June 15, 2011 It doesn't disable the tools I can give access to narrator, contrast, magnifier and on screen keyboard if required.
Steve21 Posted June 15, 2011 Posted June 15, 2011 At the login screen? Ben I know it's not exactly in line with what you're saying, but all the shortcuts to them, still work at login screen. So if someone really needs it it'll work (Not sure if all have shortcuts, but I know at least high contrasts etc do) Steve
10101010 Posted June 15, 2011 Author Posted June 15, 2011 no - you are correct the tools are removed from login - if I ever get a complaint I shall consider reviewing the subject again.
plexer Posted June 15, 2011 Posted June 15, 2011 Ok that's good to know I was just curious as to what would happen if somebody did genuinely require access to those tools. Ben
gsk Posted April 12, 2016 Posted April 12, 2016 Hi All, I've done this at a few sites with success but I had 2 machines at 2 different sites come up with the 'Bad Image' error. System restore works and then when you re-run the script @DellOughta posted above, it does the exact same thing again. The obvious answer is to re-image but I'd like to know why it's happening. Any thoughts? Thanks,
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now