Rawns Posted May 17, 2011 Posted May 17, 2011 I have a large number of BBC radio shows and audio books on my iPod. Because they are not bought via iTunes, they show under the music section on my iPod rather then the Audiobooks area. Does anyone know how I can get them under "Audiobooks" instead? I set the genera to Audiobook in the hope that would work but it made no difference.
Arthur Posted May 17, 2011 Posted May 17, 2011 IIRC, you need to use a program such as MP3Tag to set the ITUNESMEDIATYPE tag to "Audiobook". This only works for MP4 / AAC files though, so you would have to convert the MP3s into this format first. Alternatively, you could make the audiobooks show up under Podcasts by setting the following tags (link). ITUNESPODCAST: 1 ITUNESPODCASTURL: http://www.example.com/ 1
Rawns Posted May 17, 2011 Author Posted May 17, 2011 Thanks. I already use MP3Tag so this is spot on,.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now