DJ-Jonesy Posted May 11, 2011 Posted May 11, 2011 i have been approched by a primary school that i do not support to offer my services in website design. i made and maintain ours atm and pretty new to CMS. I was just wondering what would people charge a primary school for a simple website thats stats the obvious that school needs to and also displays latest news ect. Nothing too special. Thanks Dan
pcstru Posted May 11, 2011 Posted May 11, 2011 One company I worked with costed at £50 per 'page'. Their rationale was that some pages were complex, some simple and £50 was a good average. If I was doing it in my own time for a primary, I'd probably pitch in at half that but it would depend on whether I was setting up the CMS and whether I expected them to be 'needy' in terms of support.
DJ-Jonesy Posted May 11, 2011 Author Posted May 11, 2011 One company I worked with costed at £50 per 'page'. Their rationale was that some pages were complex, some simple and £50 was a good average. If I was doing it in my own time for a primary, I'd probably pitch in at half that but it would depend on whether I was setting up the CMS and whether I expected them to be 'needy' in terms of support. I belive its just updating the old out of date one with a fresh upto date one running a CMS so that the school it self could upload the latest news and change some bits and pieces. what would be best on offering as support IE there thats its done this is how to do it..... no longer my responsabilty or would you offer 6 months or 1 year support?
pcstru Posted May 11, 2011 Posted May 11, 2011 Depends on how competent they are. I'd certainly offer them some training and I might even offer to set up and host and support. But the page rate for putting up the content in the first place would be a straight spec->produce->signoff job done, costed on a 'page' rate.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now