Edu-IT Posted April 8, 2011 Posted April 8, 2011 What do you use to manage public folder permissions in Exchange 2007? I've come across PFDavAdmin; is that what is recommended?
sukh Posted April 8, 2011 Posted April 8, 2011 Hi Use the PFMC in Exchange 2007 and the Powershell. You can also use Outlook to manage permissions. Sukh
Edu-IT Posted April 8, 2011 Author Posted April 8, 2011 I was trying to get away with not using Powershell. I wanted a GUI. I cannot manage permissions in Outlook as I didn't make the Public Folder. I guess I have to use command line to make me Owner then do it?
sukh Posted April 8, 2011 Posted April 8, 2011 Use the PFMC in Exchange 2007 . If you're the IT guy/Exchange admin, then you should set-up a group with PF access to all PF and add your admin account to that so that you can manage permissions. Also, if the PF have owners, they should be able to set permissions too. Sukh
Edu-IT Posted April 8, 2011 Author Posted April 8, 2011 Have you got command for adding owner? I can't get what I try to work.
sukh Posted April 8, 2011 Posted April 8, 2011 If you want to manage permissions then you can always use PFDAVAdmin. PFDAVAdmin is easier to manage permissions What do you want to do? Sukh
sukh Posted April 8, 2011 Posted April 8, 2011 Then the most easy option is PFDAVAdmin. Are you comfortable with this? Sukh
sukh Posted April 8, 2011 Posted April 8, 2011 Very straight forward for permissions and propagating to sub-folders etc...but at the same time very dangerous tool which can destroy your PF. Sukh
Edu-IT Posted April 8, 2011 Author Posted April 8, 2011 Installing that and .net 1.1 has broken OWA. ISAPI Filter 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_filter.dll' could not be loaded due to a configuration problem. The current configuration only supports loading images built for a AMD64 processor architecture. The data field contains the error number. To learn more about this issue, including how to troubleshooting this kind of processor architecture mismatch error, see The Official Microsoft IIS Site. Could not load all ISAPI filters for site/service. Therefore startup aborted.
Edu-IT Posted April 8, 2011 Author Posted April 8, 2011 (edited) Okay so .net 1.1 won't run on 64 Bit and it's a requirement for PFDAVAdmin... guess this won't work then! Using: Add-PublicFolderClientPermission -Identity "\Corporate Calendar" -AccessRights Owner -User "Me" Works in the meantime. Edited April 8, 2011 by Edu-IT
Edu-IT Posted April 8, 2011 Author Posted April 8, 2011 could always try xp mode on Win 7 I've just made myself owner of the PF and used Outlook.
sukh Posted April 8, 2011 Posted April 8, 2011 "Hi Use the PFMC in Exchange 2007 and the Powershell. You can also use Outlook to manage permissions. Sukh " :-) Put the onus onto the owners if they can be trusted. Sukh
qcomer Posted May 7, 2011 Posted May 7, 2011 You never run PFDAVADMIN from the exchange server since it requires .net 1.1 and that will break OWA. You always want to install .net framework 1.1 on your workstation and run PFDavAdmin from your workstation.
sukh Posted May 8, 2011 Posted May 8, 2011 You never run PFDAVADMIN from the exchange server since it requires .net 1.1 and that will break OWA. You always want to install .net framework 1.1 on your workstation and run PFDavAdmin from your workstation. You should ideally have a admin server/workstation with all your tools. You can run PFDavAdmin on Exchange, depends on what role Exchange is configured to do. Do this all the time. Sukh
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now