sven Posted March 29, 2011 Posted March 29, 2011 Indeed, if you feel like NATing everything. When IPv6 becomes widespread though, you'll find yourself wishing you'd moved to it, as you'll no doubt find support starts to dwindle for IPv4. Depnds on your site really. We have a nested proxy that feeds out to the LA. There's no reason for me to start messing with IPv6 at all, due to the fact that our network is totally private. As a previous poster has said, it's only out facing devices that are connected to an IPv6 based network that has to worry about NAT.
srochford Posted March 29, 2011 Posted March 29, 2011 IP ? Pah - I'll stick with NetBEUI and Banyan VINES thanks...... So this is a real industry leader you've moved to now :-) Long time since I saw Banyan Vines; hope you're tending it nicely!
Michael Posted March 29, 2011 Posted March 29, 2011 I'd guess in the same way they do all the other updates and installs??? A quick google says that all you need is the command: netsh int ipv6 install which is pretty easy to stick in a machine startup script (How to install and uninstall IPv6 in Windows XP for info) Thanks for that, much more simple than I thought. I'd be tempted to enable/install it sometime this year (just so it's there) as eventually we'll all be forced onto IPv6. Plus it doesn't do any harm it's enabled ready and waiting.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now