TKEL Posted March 16, 2011 Posted March 16, 2011 Hi everyone, I'm putting together a website for visually impaired leasrners and carers and want to put a button - or set of buttons - on the top of the page so user can select font size and background colour. I found this poage on Action for Blind People which would do the trick Accessibility statement and options | Action For Blind People Has anyone put this kind of resource on a website and more importantly, can you tell me how you did it - or point me in the right direction? Many thanks, Ian
penfold Posted March 24, 2011 Posted March 24, 2011 If you look at Joomla, you can install some accessibility modules which may go some way to achieving what you are after. There are also some templates which include these options such as the bees template(well text size at least). You could try looking at some of them to give you more ideas? 1
TKEL Posted March 30, 2011 Author Posted March 30, 2011 Thanks Penfold, I've started down the Joomla route and things look promising for accessibility. I'm getting my head round how to build the site and more or less got it. Found a company called Cloudaccess who host Joomla and they have some nice tuorials. If I find the ideal plug-in I'll post it here :-) All the best, Ian
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now