akidosaint Posted March 16, 2011 Posted March 16, 2011 Im off to Thailand for my Honeymoon at the begining of june anythings I need to know about. PS could someone reccomend me good insect repellant suntan lotion Many thanks
sidewinder Posted March 23, 2011 Posted March 23, 2011 Good choice! Whereabouts you going? I would recommend buying seperate repellent/sun cream, simply because there are a lot more mosquitos around dusk and you wont want to be wearing sun cream in the evening! Anything with DEET is a good bet, but if over 50% you have to be careful it doesnt dissolve watch straps/clothes! I use spray with Icaridin in it, which is less harsh but still effective. Have you been to that part of the world before? Only major thing I'd say is that whatever happens, even with bad service or something, keep your cool. In Asia 'saving face' is really important and as soon as you get angry, you have pretty much no chance of resolving anything. Enjoy I love Thailand, in fact I love everywhere in SE Asia...favourite place in the world.
glennda Posted March 23, 2011 Posted March 23, 2011 Head to Koh Phi Phi for a couple of days if you can! its lush http://www.retirementthailand.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Koh_Phi_Phi.jpg
akidosaint Posted March 24, 2011 Author Posted March 24, 2011 First time to asia Im going to Khao Lak hour north of Phuket really looking forward to it.
mthomas08 Posted March 24, 2011 Posted March 24, 2011 SO LUCKY! It is some where I want to go, have a few friends who went and their pictures are brilliant.
sparkeh Posted March 24, 2011 Posted March 24, 2011 All you need to know: What I learned in Thailand 1
FN-GM Posted March 24, 2011 Posted March 24, 2011 Hope you have a nice time. Been to Asia a couple of times, lovely places there!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now