alan-d Posted March 1, 2007 Posted March 1, 2007 Anyone set up moodle to use NTLM authentication? Not knowing Php too well I cant seem to find where I put the IP addresses and subnets in the index.php. The moodle docs are too vague for me - I need a step by step idiots guide I have LDAP working ok but this would make it easier for users within the school. or If anyone has NTLM authentication running on Apache2.2 on a win 2003 server I may be able to fix my CMS problem too (see http://www.edugeek.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6889) Windows solutions only - *nix solutions are no good to me
Geoff Posted March 1, 2007 Posted March 1, 2007 Read this MoodleDocs article. http://docs.moodle.org/en/NTLM_authentication
alan-d Posted March 1, 2007 Author Posted March 1, 2007 Thanks - I already have that. I just found out what I was doing wrong :oops: I was looking to physically edit the index.php file instead of changing the settings from within moodles admin page :oops: Now to see if I can get it to work
alan-d Posted March 1, 2007 Author Posted March 1, 2007 Nope not working after all that - AARRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!! Has anyone got it working in moodle?
mighty.grey.eagle Posted March 1, 2007 Posted March 1, 2007 Come on Geoff - wake up...................... The answer is that it works well at Carr Hill on Moodle 1.7 (and on a test 1.8 machine). Breaks, not surprisingly, when AD is altered. What was the specific problem?
alan-d Posted March 1, 2007 Author Posted March 1, 2007 What was the specific problem? No idea to be honest Set up as per instructions and it either can't find the page saying something like the browser can't find the page in question or states that NTLM authentication is not switched on. It was definately on as per instructions and I even added a few lines to apache to see if it was that but nope. I've reverted to using just LDAP for now so I can concentrate on other features.
apeo Posted February 26, 2009 Posted February 26, 2009 Ok done this so far: Ran sspipkgs.exe and everything seems fine. copied mod_auth_sspi.so to Apache2.2\modules directory. httpd.conf file to load the module and turn on SSPI auth for a directory (the config was copied from the Moodle.org guide) Configured moodle to enable sso The version of moodle is 1.9 running on apache 2.2.3 which is on a 2003 server. I checked the apache error logs and this is what it says: [Thu Feb 26 08:49:08 2009] [error] [client 192.168.10.1] unable to include potential exec "include/top.html" in parsed file C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/error/HTTP_UNAUTHORIZED.html.var, referer: http://moodleserver/moodle/auth/ldap/ntlmsso_attempt.php [Thu Feb 26 08:49:08 2009] [error] [client 192.168.10.1] unable to include potential exec "include/spacer.html" in parsed file C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/error/HTTP_UNAUTHORIZED.html.var, referer: http://moodleserver/moodle/auth/ldap/ntlmsso_attempt.php [Thu Feb 26 08:49:08 2009] [error] [client 192.168.10.1] unable to include potential exec "include/bottom.html" in parsed file C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/error/HTTP_UNAUTHORIZED.html.var, referer: http://moodleserver/moodle/auth/ldap/ntlmsso_attempt.php [Thu Feb 26 08:49:09 2009] [error] [client 192.168.10.1] unable to include potential exec "include/top.html" in parsed file C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/error/HTTP_UNAUTHORIZED.html.var, referer: http://moodleserver/moodle/auth/ldap/ntlmsso_attempt.php [Thu Feb 26 08:49:09 2009] [error] [client 192.168.10.1] unable to include potential exec "include/spacer.html" in parsed file C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/error/HTTP_UNAUTHORIZED.html.var, referer: http://moodleserver/moodle/auth/ldap/ntlmsso_attempt.php [Thu Feb 26 08:49:09 2009] [error] [client 192.168.10.1] unable to include potential exec "include/bottom.html" in parsed file C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/error/HTTP_UNAUTHORIZED.html.var, referer: http://moodleserver/moodle/auth/ldap/ntlmsso_attempt.php I get this error when I goto http://moodleserver/moodle/login, it says its trying to sign in but fails and goes back to 'normal' sign in.
apeo Posted February 26, 2009 Posted February 26, 2009 Never mind figured it out, turns out there was a slight conflict in httpd.conf regarding server name. I didnt configure it so didnt know it was wrong. Well it seems to be working now.. Yippy.
chriscubed Posted December 10, 2009 Posted December 10, 2009 Sorry to reopen this old thread, but I've been reading through this and attempting it myself. I've set everything up as per instructions, and if I go to /auth/ldap/ntlmsso_attempt.php it is signing me on using NTLM successfully. However, the home page and login page are just leaving me with the normal login screen. Any ideas what I need to do to polish this config off?
revilloc Posted December 10, 2009 Posted December 10, 2009 We alter the login block code so that when a user visits the frontpage of Moodle it logs them in automatically using NTLM. ( no need to actually visit the login page itself ) Could pass the code on if you are interested...
chriscubed Posted December 10, 2009 Posted December 10, 2009 That would be very handy, so yes please. I'm familiar with PHP so should be interesting to see what you've changed.
StevieC Posted December 15, 2009 Posted December 15, 2009 Are you web servers in your DMZ? And did you manage to get SSO working whilst it is in the DMZ?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now