stebo730 Posted February 21, 2011 Posted February 21, 2011 I am currently experiencing problems with our Mandatory Profile (MP) and in particular Outlook. I am using Win 7 and Outlook 2010. When any User other than the one used to setup the MP goeso open Outlook they get the "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook" message. I have shortcuts on Desktop, Start Menu, and Task Bar all with the same result. Does anyone know what this maybe or have any other suggestions? My gut feeling is there is something in the MP is specifing a particular User account for Outlook. But where? I really am getting a "Case of the Mondays"
round2it Posted February 21, 2011 Posted February 21, 2011 dont know if its the same as office 2003 but you need to make a prf file with %username% it work in 2003 here on 2003 server win xp clients
stebo730 Posted February 21, 2011 Author Posted February 21, 2011 I have all that set up and was all working and has been working for months. I have C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\OUTLOOK.EXE" /importprf "\\server name\share\outlook\outlook.prf" set in the shortcut and the prf is all configured correctly.
imiddleton25 Posted February 21, 2011 Posted February 21, 2011 we had similiar problem but ours was user error by one of the IT staff (Not Me) anyway to fix it we had to change the ntuser,man back to ntuser.dat log on and use the mail icon in controll panel to delete the profile. log off change back to ntuser.man. That fixed our issue dont know if it will help but might be worth a go.
stebo730 Posted February 21, 2011 Author Posted February 21, 2011 All sorted - recreated Outlook links on the Mandatory Profile but made sure I didn't open Outlook. Changed back to .man from .dat after editing and all was ok. It must have picked up settings and added them to the profile.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now