Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi

 

I am planning on getting our Exchange server updated next week to the latest service pack and associated patches.

 

Just wanted to check that I can do a straight upgrade from SP1 to SP3 of exchange 2007?

 

Also my intention was to follow the steps below. Would this be the correct method?

 

Exchange sits as a VMware ESX4 virtual machine.

 

This is what I intend to do:

 

Turn off Receive Connectors to ensure all mail in and out stops flowing whilst I am doing the upgrade.

Switch the Exchange server VM off

Snapshot the VM

Bring the server back online

Do the service pack upgrade to SP3 as well as other updates. Ensure fully patched up. Turn receive connectors back on. Make sure Exchange is working and mail flowing in and out.

Once up and running, Delete the snapshot

 

Would others follow this sequence? Any other advice anyone can provide would be helpful. I dont see any issues but thought I would check....

 

Thanks

Posted

Hi

 

There is no need to turn off any connectors.

 

What is the current set-up of your Exch Env? Do you only have 1 Exch server or multiple? How are the roles seperated, assuming they are? Are you using any HA?

 

You can go straight from SP1 to SP3.

Posted

As sukh said, you should be able to go from sp1 to sp3. Cool thing about SP3 is that you can do online mailbox move between exchange 2007 and 2010. this makes migration a lot easier!!!

 

Also if exchange is running on ESX, why not snapshot it before upgrading.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...