X-13 Posted February 18, 2011 Posted February 18, 2011 (edited) I was sitting about this morning, as I had no computer access to check the helpdesk/do stuff, and a Teacher approched me with a personal lappy problem. Supposedly there was a problem with Windows and they thought it was infected with a virus/spyware. I was offered payment to sort it out and said I'd take a look. Booted it and it seemed fine. Logged in with their admin user and was surprised to say the least. Turns out their "problem" was that Windows XP home edition had was actually what I know as Windows XP BLACK edition. Apparently, their son had heard about it and subsequently downloaded and installed it. Queue them phoning the son to rage and me laughing for half an hour. Easiest £60 I ever made. X EDIT: FUUUUUUUU~ Missed an "e" in the title. It's meant to be "seems" Edited February 18, 2011 by X-13 Encountered an ID:10T error of my own...
Jon88 Posted February 18, 2011 Posted February 18, 2011 You still charged them?? Dude, I'm just too nice with our staff, do a fair bit of personal stuff just for the hell of helping.... New years resolution: Must be more of a hard ass, I don't get paid enough for this!
X-13 Posted February 18, 2011 Author Posted February 18, 2011 (edited) You mean the zune theme? No, I mean the illegal, hacked, full of spyware, Windows distro. You still charged them?? I wasn't going to... But they paid up, anyway. I'm not in a position to turn down free money. Edited February 18, 2011 by X-13
MK-2 Posted February 18, 2011 Posted February 18, 2011 You mean the zune theme? from their site: Is Windows XP Black just a theme, like Zune Theme? No it's not. Zune Desktop Theme, Royale Noir Theme for WinXP, and others are just desktop themes, which only change the look of your OS. This bundle it’s not merely black wallpaper either. 2. What is XP Black Edition? It's an OS + cracked apps bundle that isn't created by Microsoft, and isn't legal. It’s a complex merge of 2 operating systems – XP Pro and Vista, with many Vista’s extras. Some people say that XP Black merges everything good about all other XP’s + everything good about Vista.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now