Chuckster Posted February 18, 2011 Posted February 18, 2011 I've just been told there's £1.8k left in some budget and we need to spend it immediately before the end of today. One of the teachers has told me to go out and buy a couple of iPads. I know for a fact that it won't get used in school and will be taken home for their children to use, even though they said it's for the students. Do I get the iPad or one of the other slates that has Win 7 on it, which supports USBs etc and is familiar to what's used in the school? Can I have your suggestions!
Chuckster Posted February 18, 2011 Author Posted February 18, 2011 OMG, that's what I need to buy but I've been told no; it has to be a slate for the 'students'.
featured_spectre Posted February 18, 2011 Posted February 18, 2011 magically unplug one of your servers, tell them you had a power cut up there or a fuse tripped the switch, and say if you had UPS's, it would kick in and the servers would stay up...
jamesb Posted February 18, 2011 Posted February 18, 2011 Well, you could buy the two or three iPads, but better might be to buy a dozen of the Android-powered tablets. Justifiable as, since they're for the children, more is better (along with cheaper in terms of replacement).
john Posted February 18, 2011 Posted February 18, 2011 UPS's, never have enough of them Agreed! DO NOT LET SLT STOP YOU GETTING UPS's
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now