mac_shinobi Posted February 14, 2011 Posted February 14, 2011 Saw the post about ccleaner and what people thought to it. Made me think that it would be handy if people could post all the handy utils they use for windows and any other OS ( OS X, Linux etc ). Link to said utility and stating which OS it is intended or can be used by would be good ie Windows Startup Control panel --> Mike Lin's Home Page
superfletch Posted February 14, 2011 Posted February 14, 2011 (edited) All of these are Windows Utilities, but I can't check all of the links right now as I'm working from a filtered site. I'll check them tonight and correct any that are wrong... PsTools - Execute processes remotely and monitor remote machines IPScanner - Fairly predictable, (often triggers AV alerts) (There are more comprehensive ones out there but I like this one - I prefer v2 to v3) Memory Scanner - Crucial website - scans a PC for compatible memory (Useful if the PC isn't a standard make / model) Wake On LAN - Command line tool that integrates nicely with scripts WinAudit - Audits a PC for s/w, h/w, OS - supports a range of outputs. Computer Renamer - Rename a PC quickly from the command line (I add it to images to rename them b4 joining domain as I'm rubbish with sysprep) Foldersize - Scans Drives and reports sizes of folders - Sourceforge is filtered so can't check the link ATM Defraggler - Made by the same people as CCleaner - nice defrag tool with many options Edit - I also use AutoIt a lot - but I don't think it fits into this category as it needs installing and I get the feeling that this is more about stuff that can be run without an install. Edited February 14, 2011 by superfletch
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now