tommej Posted January 31, 2011 Posted January 31, 2011 Hi has anyone managed to get cubase 5 working smoothly with roaming profiles? Could you please offer some advice It seems to be dumping 950+ MB of junk into appdata which isn't really ideal for kids to be loading each time they log in around the school. Any ideas?
john Posted January 31, 2011 Posted January 31, 2011 eek! I haven't noticed this with my users yet and have about 40 people using it. Which version have you got?
tommej Posted January 31, 2011 Author Posted January 31, 2011 (edited) Cubase 5.5.2 Education edition. We were noticing extremely long login times on windows 7 so have begun rolling back to XP. When I was about to copy the default profile I noticed it was 1gb~ \Application Data\Steinberg is over 900mb! Edited January 31, 2011 by tommej
mjs_mjs Posted January 31, 2011 Posted January 31, 2011 i had no luck with 4 on the network - got it nice until something kept glitching the asio drivers.
john Posted January 31, 2011 Posted January 31, 2011 When I'm in the office I will have a look at a couple of our students roaming profiles who I know take music and look but on Cubase 5 Studio I haven't noticed that.
flyinghaggis Posted January 31, 2011 Posted January 31, 2011 It seems to be dumping 950+ MB of junk into appdata .... Whereabouts and what type of files have you noticed it saving into appdata. We've only got staff on running Cubase5 (on WIndows7 32-bit) at the moment but I haven't noticed any sizeable increase in their network profiles (maybe 20mb worth of Steinberg settings or so)?
tommej Posted January 31, 2011 Author Posted January 31, 2011 (edited) Looks like VST's and presets, xml files etc. HalionONE files are in there too. This is on a local account, but I need to copy this to make the default profile. Looking now I see it's creating the same folder structure for the kids but not copying the 900mb of stuff into them. Hmm.. Edited January 31, 2011 by tommej
mjs_mjs Posted January 31, 2011 Posted January 31, 2011 if i remember correctly the vst's should be stored on the local machine - and not in anyone's profile?
john Posted January 31, 2011 Posted January 31, 2011 Im seeing around 15 to 20mb in roaming profiles for students who I know take music.
flyinghaggis Posted February 1, 2011 Posted February 1, 2011 Looks like VST's and presets, xml files etc. HalionONE files are in there too. This is on a local account, but I need to copy this to make the default profile. Looking now I see it's creating the same folder structure for the kids but not copying the 900mb of stuff into them. Hmm.. When you run the install I think you need to select "custom install" and tick the box that says "install for all users". IIRC this will redirect the relevant files into the "/Users/All Users" default profile on the PC rather than copying anything into the profile of the specific user who installs the software.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now