round2it Posted December 22, 2010 Posted December 22, 2010 (edited) Can anyone give me a quote for a dell gx280 full tower version psu new used not bothered just need one or two thanks in advance Edited December 22, 2010 by round2it
Gonk Posted December 22, 2010 Posted December 22, 2010 I might do... Its the last day today so I'll have a look but will probably forget about it so give me a prod in Jan. Ross
round2it Posted December 22, 2010 Author Posted December 22, 2010 I might do... Its the last day today so I'll have a look but will probably forget about it so give me a prod in Jan. Ross Thanks buddy we have got nearly 100 of these and only 1 has gone in 5 years so i can call myself lucky i will pm you when i get back to work after xmas
round2it Posted January 4, 2011 Author Posted January 4, 2011 any one know of a place to buy these PSU's
round2it Posted January 4, 2011 Author Posted January 4, 2011 i need the ones with sata connectors. thanks for the quick response.
stuartp44 Posted January 6, 2011 Posted January 6, 2011 If you need parts off common makers then give ict-direct a ring, i have been to there warehouse and they have loads of theese computers knocking about with failed motherboards and verious parts missing. They maybe able to sort you a PSU out for one of them. http://www.ict-direct.co.uk 1
mounters Posted January 6, 2011 Posted January 6, 2011 I get spare Dell PSUs from Laptop Computers For Sale: Cheap Computers, Dell & HP UK ignore the actual model number of the pc and just choose ones that are the same case type/model, e.g. I get the same one for my gx520, gx740 and optiplex 380 SFF PCs. 1
Arthur Posted January 7, 2011 Posted January 7, 2011 any one know of a place to buy these PSU's The GX280 MT uses standard ATX PSUs so almost any will do. The last time we had a PSU go in one of ours I installed a Corsair CX430 (~£30). 1
Gonk Posted January 7, 2011 Posted January 7, 2011 I've (finally) found the PSU for a Dell I've got. I'm sorry but is for a GX240 and to make it worse, when i Tested it, it doesn;t bl*&dy work! 1
round2it Posted January 10, 2011 Author Posted January 10, 2011 thanks guys for all you help i have managed to source some at reasonable prices i am sure they will all start to go soon.... thanks sysman and gonk
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now