maniac Posted February 8, 2007 Posted February 8, 2007 Well for my second post on here . . We already have a VLE setup in the school I work in. You can see it here, http://www.nbcvle.com It was nothing to do with me, or indeed any of us in ICT services, it was setup by the HOD for ICT. Now without being too detrimental, I don't like it, I won't go into all the reasons now. So as I'm due to have a meeting with SLT in the school next week to discuss the VLE and developing it further, I'm determind to broaden their minds and show them some alturnatives, as at the moment it's not too late to make a change. I was wondering if any of you guys have a live version of any of the alturnatives that I can look at, and possibly showcase to our SLT. I havn't got time to arrange visits from comapnies, and I don't want them anyway as they'll do the hard sell, where as I want to show it to them on its true merits and from the point of view of what it can do for our school. I'm particularly interested in the offering from Serco as we run Serco E-portal and CMIS as our MIS system, so it would integrate nicely with our existing infrastructure, so if anyone's had experience of the Serco offering, and if you have a live version I can see, that'd be really good! I know there are better alturnatives out there than moodle, I just don't know what they are yet!! Many thanks, Mike.
Geoff Posted February 8, 2007 Posted February 8, 2007 Currently using Moodle. Recently upgraded it to 1.7. http://vle.carrhill.lancs.sch.uk
webman Posted February 8, 2007 Posted February 8, 2007 Due to political reasons and possible legal action, I have withdrawn my opinions regarding the DLG.
GrumbleDook Posted February 8, 2007 Posted February 8, 2007 Presently looking at 5 suppliers as part of deciding what Northamptonshire LA will go with, but we are presently using FirstClass ... but starting to build some stuff with Windows Sharepoint Services ... and I also have used Moodle for a few projects ... and set up Bodington at my last school.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now