Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi,

 

I have created a network install with a custom MSP file which seems to run OK - it uninstalls Office 2003 first...

 

On first run (after manual activiation) I get prompted by a "Help Protect and Improve Microsoft Office" dialog box.

 

I am looking to suppress this by way of GPO and relevant ADM template.

 

I have downloaded the "AdminTemplates_32.exe" file and extracted it.

There is quite a list of admn templates:

access14

excel14

inf14

office14

onent14

outlk14

ppt14

proj14

pub14

spd14

spw14

visio14

word14

 

My install was pretty basic apart from I did not install OUTLOOK.

 

I am wondering what adm templates and settings others set via GPO?

Is there any sort of standard stuff I should be looking to secure or set - such as default file save locations ie. H:\ drives.

 

Cheers for any input.

  • 1 month later...
Posted

Nothing?

 

I know some of it may be site specific but there most be some general stuff to look out for and secure or pin down so the little blighters can't mess with stuff :)

Posted

We control the office settings Via the mandatory profile we make pupils and teaching staff use.

 

As far as GPO, we lock down things like right click, control panel, run, default user drive ect ect

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...