roty80 Posted November 25, 2010 Posted November 25, 2010 Anybody used the new LoveFilm app on their PS3? Wondered how smooth it was/quality and what speeds you need to make it watchable before signing up. My connection is about 3mbps off peak, 1mbps peak (PlusNet).
Hightower Posted November 25, 2010 Posted November 25, 2010 Thanks for this - been waiting for LoveFilm on PS3 for ages, and hadn't realised it was released
jcollings Posted November 25, 2010 Posted November 25, 2010 I was using it at the weekend on a friends PS3. It was brilliant - very watchable on a 37" screen and no stuttering. I think they have a supposed 8Mb connection from BT but whenever I've done tests it's more like 5.5Mb I too was wondering as the maximum I can get in the village I live in is 2Mb - not sure how solid that is though.
Hightower Posted November 25, 2010 Posted November 25, 2010 According to love film FAQ it requires a 2mb connection minimum
ZeroHour Posted November 25, 2010 Posted November 25, 2010 TBH the service works well but the selection is very very poor. I could find no movie from 2010 and very few from 2009 and by comparison to sky player on xbox its a bit of a joke really.
roty80 Posted November 25, 2010 Author Posted November 25, 2010 According to love film FAQ it requires a 2mb connection minimum Yes I saw, but mine fluctuates between 0.8mb and 3mb depending on the time of day and the amount of people in the area using it at the time. So thought I would ask. Maybe some people with between 1mb and 2 mb have found it works without a problem? On the other hand maybe people with 2mb to 3mb have found they have had problems?
kevbaz Posted November 26, 2010 Posted November 26, 2010 works seamlessly for me, on skybb i get about 5-7mb. the catalogue isnt amazing but certainly enough titles to keep you busy with somethign to watch, think the biggest film they have is I Am Legend? but they also have the orginal Omega Man too, and lastnight we watched some retro Peter Jackson... BrainDead 1
teejay Posted November 26, 2010 Posted November 26, 2010 Do you have to pay extra for this above the normal LoveFilm subscription?
kevbaz Posted November 26, 2010 Posted November 26, 2010 you get it free depedning on what subscription you have with lovefilm, i tink over £7 or somethign its free, im on a two disc game pack
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now