JPS Posted November 5, 2010 Posted November 5, 2010 Hi guys A really easy one for the experts out there, I am trying to write a really simple script as a batch file that can be ran as a scheduled task. I want one script to stop a service and another to start a service. I have used the following but it doesnt work: NET STOP "Facility Data Server" Pause (I added the pause so I could see what was going wrong) I presume I have missed something somewhere. Could someone please advise? PS I have triple checked I have the service name correct and that it is running. Please see attachment for the error. Thanks in advance
localzuk Posted November 5, 2010 Posted November 5, 2010 The syntax is Net Stop "Facility Data Server" without any carriage returns in between. 1
JPS Posted November 5, 2010 Author Posted November 5, 2010 Cheers guys, probably the most simple mistake to make, however in my defence, isnt it really daft that in that dos window it shows the example format at NET STOP and then 'service' on a new line?? Thanks, I now have nice and easy service restarts!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now